DENVER — A Colorado resident is being treated for the pneumonic plague, the first confirmed case in the state since 2004.
The state health department said Wednesday that tests confirmed the
plague in the unidentified patient as well as the family dog, who
recently died unexpectedly. The plague is spread by fleas from rodents,
especially prairie dogs, and officials say they may have contracted it
in eastern Adams County.
The department isn’t saying whether the patient is a man or woman but
confirms the person has been hospitalized. Officials are looking for
people who may have had contact with the patient so they can be treated
Pneumonic plague is caused by the same bacteria as bubonic plague but
it attacks the lungs and can sometimes be deadly even when treated. READ MORE
Providing Columbia Mo with a quality dietary supplement
Providing Columbia Missouri with a quality dietary supplement. Nano sized silver ions make Beinki's own Colloidal Silver and Ionic Silver the best locally made mineral supplement. I have also become a Youngevity Distributor. I will answer your questions the best I can firstname.lastname@example.org