Dosages for colloidal and ionic silver
There is no hard and fast rule as to the amounts to be taken but I will give you a little history and my personal opinions so you may make your own conclusions.
The reason there are no recommended dosages is the FDA does not view colloidal silver as a cure for anything and therefore not a drug. It is only recognized by them as a mineral or dietary supplement(yea right).
First understand when most people talk about colloidal silver they are mistakenly referring to Ionic silver. Ionic silver is clear and should be stored in brown or blue bottles.
Ionic silver is used topically(on the skin) spray it directly on the problem as often as needed and let air dry. Use it for cuts, infections, scrapes, burns, warts, fungus all kinds of things. Use it in the eyes for pink eye a couple a drops every few hours should do it. Ear infections, and as a nasal spray for sinus infections. In the mouth for tooth infections, etc and can be held under the tongue to help enter the bloodstream. Ionic can also be drank or nebulized but it is best used in a low chloride environment as described above.
A true colloidal silver is amber in color and may be stored in clear glassware as UV does not affect it. Colloidal silver is made when the missing electrons are added to the silver ions making a larger atom thus becoming unaffected by the hydrochloric acid in the stomach, therefore I suggest using it for all internal problems, food poisoning, blood issues etc. It can also be nebulized. Many times I would suggest using both for internal issues.
Dosages for colloidal silver really depend on the severity of the problem I feel. If you have bad food poisoning and feel like you want to die I would suggest 8 oz immediately then 4oz every hour till symptoms subsides. On the other end if you just want a daily dose for maintenance I should think anything up to one ounce a day is fine.
Back before Big Pharma and there patents, Doctors in the 1920’s and 30’s generally used the “Incremental Daily Dosage” method, which started patients on a low dosage and vied their response. If they did not see results quickly then the dosages were increased. If the dosage was to high the patient might have a “herxheimer” reaction which is flu like symptoms when to much of the bad bacteria dies of all at one releasing their toxins. At this point the dosage would be backed off.
I am not a doctor. For any ailment it is wise to consult your family doctor. beinki